In the sun-soaked days and long warm nights of summer, it’s so nice to kick back with a homemade, healthful and refreshing drink. It doesn’t need to be flashy blue or have an umbrella in it to get the real taste of summer. In fact, by including seasonal produce into a homemade drink, you’ll be in tune with the summer palette of sweet, ripe fruit.
Summer is rolling on, and the heat is still a lingering guest. Here are 5 refreshing thirst quencher recipes that taste so good and are easy to make. We hope you like them!
1. Ginger Lime Chiller
Ginger lime chiller is a fusion of tangy lime and hint of ginger with subtle sweet taste. It is also very helpful for digestion.
Try out this quick and easy recipe and enjoy!
- Ginger – 3 inch, fresh & peeled
- Mint leaves- ½ cup, fresh & chopped
- Lime juice – ½ cup, fresh
- Sugar – as needed
- Salt- a pinch
- Black pepper – a pinch, ground
- Ice crushes – ½ cup
- Chilled water – 1 cup
1. In a juicer, blend all the ingredients, except ice crushes
2. Strain and serve chilled with ice crushes
3. Garnish with fresh lime slices and mint leaves
4. Ginger lime chiller is ready to relish
2. Mixed Fruit Lassi
This is a temptingly tasty summer drink that can be tried with any desired fruits. So you can substitute your favorite fruits for the ones below.
- Apple – 1, small and cubed
- Banana – 1, large, peeled and sliced
- Watermelon – 1 cup, cubed
- Muskmelon (or) Ripe mango – 1/2 cup
- Black grapes – 1/3 cup, seedless
- Yogurt – 1 1/2 cups, thick and chilled
- Vanilla essence (or) Cardamom powder – pinch
- Sugar (or) Honey – 1-2 tbsp
- Ice Cold water – 1 cup
- Ice cubes – as required
1. Freeze the cut fruits for 10-15 min. Blend all the ingredients other than ice cubes until smooth and frothy.
2. Pour into tall glasses and serve with ice cubes
3. Mango Slush
Mango Slush is a very refreshing and cooling low-calorie dessert or drink. It tastes heaven and is super easy to make. Also, make sure to prepare it just before you need.
- Mango – 1½ cups, large ripened, peeled and cubed
- Ginger juice – 2 tsp (to make ginger juice shred the ginger and squeeze)
- Lime juice – 2 Tbsp
- Sugar – 3Tbsp
- Ice – 3 cups
- Lime Zest – as required, for garnishing
1. Just before serving empty all the ingredients in a blender and grind until smooth. Do not melt all the ice as Mango Slush is more enjoyable with lots of crushed ice
2. Garnish with lime zest and serve Mango Slush immediately
4. Banana Orange Burst
- Banana – 1, peeled
- Orange – 1, large, peeled and deseeded
- Soya milk – 450ml, vanilla flavored
- Ginger – 1 tsp, fresh and ground (add more if you want more of a zing)
1. Empty all the ingredients in the juicer and blend until ingredients are crushed and
2. Serve with ice cubes
5. Virgin Mojito
Virgin Mojito is a simple, refreshing chiller with a sweet, tangy taste that you can gulp once you’re home from a tiring day of work.
- Mint leaves – 20 to 30, fresh and chopped
- Lemon – 2, deseeded
- Sugar – 2 Tbsp
- Sprite (or) Soda – 400ml (double the amount of sugar if you’re adding soda)
- Ice cubes – as required
1. Slice the lemons in shape of wedges and remove the seeds
2. Put the mint leaves and lemon wedges in a jar/glass
3. Add sugar and using a spoon mash the ingredient and bash the lemons to give out their juice
4. Bruise the mint leaves gently with a spoon and ensure the sugar combined nicely
5. Pour sprite and ice cubes in it and enjoy
Did we get you tempting and inspired? Do try these quick drinks along with a medley of fruity flavors. Get on and start planning your next healthy summer cocktail to beat the hot summer days.